Library Temporarily Closed
As a precaution, Lake Forest Library has canceled all programs and temporarily closed the building to public access in support of COVID-19 prevention efforts.
- Our librarians are available to answer your questions. Ways to reach us:
- Send a message on our Contact page
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Call 847.810.4610 and leave a voicemail
- We encourage you to use streaming and online learning resources including Hoopla, Kanopy, Creativebug, Tutor.com, Lynda.com, and more! The digital library is available 24/7 at lakeforestlibrary.org/digital.
- The self-serve DVD2GO machine in the West Train Station is not available for checking out or returning items. Please keep all DVD2GO discs until further notice. All due dates will be extended.
- We cannot fulfill holds or ILL requests at this time.
- Due dates on materials will be extended until the building reopens and overdue fees on Takeout Tech items will be waived. Please do not return Library materials while the building is closed. This date is subject to change, so please check back on our website or social media pages for the latest information. Drop boxes at the Library and West Train station will be closed while the Library is closed.
- The Friends will not accept book donations at the back dock until further notice.
- Dates and details are subject to change, so please stay tuned to our website and social media pages for the latest information. Thank you for your patience as we work together to keep our community healthy and safe, while still providing as many library services as we can.
This change is a proactive, precautionary measure and is not due to any known COVID-19 exposure. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to support social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
Ongoing updates about the Library's response are available at lakeforestlibrary.org/covid19.