New catalog coming April 17
Lake Forest Library is migrating to a new catalog system called Polaris in mid-April.
For more information, you can also visit www.catalog.ccslib.org.
We're happy to help you with saving your book data, answering your questions, and using the new catalog. For assistance, stop by the Reference Desk or call 847.234.0636.
Timeline and how to prepare
By April 13
- Export your reading history to save it.
We can email it to you, just enter your account login information using the export reading history tool.
- Download your catalog lists. Here's how:
- Log into My Account and click My Lists at the top.
- You have to save the lists one a ta time. Click a list name, then use the checkbox next to the "Select an Action" dropdown to select all items in the list.
- Alternatively, you may select a subset of items using the individual checkboxes with each item.
- In Select an Action, choose Email or Print. If you select email, will be prompted for an email address and subject heading.
- You can still check out items
- Bring your library card to checkout
- No items will be due
- "My Account" features will be unavailable
- Catalog results may be inaccurate. To make sure items are on the shelf, call 847.234.0636.
- New catalog is live
- Log in with your existing PIN, entered in all CAPS. You can also ask us to help you set a new PIN.
- Replace your previous browser bookmarks to the catalog with the new url
Exciting new catalog features
On April 17, you'll be able to ...
- Pick up holds at any of the 24 libraries in our consortium
- Enjoy automatic renewal of items
- Enable new notifications options, including text