- An appointment must be made at least one week prior to the exam. Exams will not be proctored on a drop-in basis.
- Exam or information about the exam and proctoring procedures must arrive to the Library through email or mail.
- Exams are proctored during regular library hours. The exam must be completed at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Scheduling an exam will depend upon the availability of the Adult Services staff. Proctoring coordinator may not be the one giving the test.
- The Library can accommodate print and online exams. A library computer is available for an online exam, but the Library is not able to install any software or disable any features of the library network to accommodate an exam.
- The Library is not responsible for any exam that is interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, Internet disconnections, or computer hardware or software failures.
- Proctors will monitor the exam intermittently.
- The Library will return the exam by fax, scanned email, or pre-postaged mail.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to proctor an exam that is too difficult to accommodate.
Before the Exam, the Test-Taker Must:
- Complete the proctoring form.
- Arrange for delivery of the exam or proctor password to the proctoring coordinator.
- Contact the proctoring coordinator prior to the date of the exam to confirm that the exam has arrived.
On the Day of the Exam, the Test-Taker Must:
- Arrive on time for the exam appointment.
- Bring a photo ID as proof of identity.
- Follow the instructions and procedures given with the exam.
- Bring supplies needed for the exam.
- Supply a stamped return envelope, if not supplied by the testing institution.