How to use this guide
Welcome to the Lake Forest Library "Keys to Starting Your Own Business" resource guide!
Collected within are links to resources, information for beginners, videos, book lists, and contact information for business and government authorities.
On the left side of each page is a table of contents. Jump from section to section by clicking on a new topic. To find a book or magazine in the library catalog, simply click on the book or magazine cover.
Lake Forest Library Business Collection
The Business Collection Room at Lake Forest Library houses books on:
- Finance and Economics (Dewey Call Numbers 330–339)
- Business and Management (650–659)
Also included with the Business Collection is an array of reference books, including:
- Annual dividends and stock reports
- Encyclopedias of careers
- Business directories
- A tax guide
Where is the Business Room? When facing the Circulation Desk in the Rotunda, turn right to enter the Reference Room, and the Business Room is in the back right corner.
The Library also offers an array of online resources including:
- Digital magazine subscriptions through RB Digital
- The Library’s eBook and digital audiobook collections available through Libby and Cloud Library
- Financial databases such as S&P, Morningstar and Value Line
- Lynda.com offers continuing education opportunities to spruce up your business, marketing, computer and sales skills
To see the full list, visit the "Business and Investing" section under "Research and Learn."