Lake Forest Library provides proctoring for exams for long-distance or online learning programs, professional development, and continuing education. Lake Forest residents with a valid Lake Forest Library card may request proctoring appointments.
- Exams are not proctored on a drop-in basis. An appointment must be made at least one week prior to the exam date.
- The exam or information about the exam and proctoring procedures must be emailed or mailed to the Library.
- Exams are proctored during regular library hours. The exam must be completed at least 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Scheduling an exam depends upon the availability of Library staff.
- The Library can accommodate print and online exams. A library computer is available for online exams, but the Library cannot install software or disable features to accommodate an exam.
- The Library is not responsible for an exam that is interrupted by emergencies, power failures, or computer or internet issues.
- The Library does not have private study rooms and cannot guarantee complete quiet for the duration of the test.
- Library staff will monitor the exam intermittently.
- The Library will return the exam by fax or scanned email. Test‑takers may return exams via mail.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to proctor an exam that is too difficult to accommodate.
Before the exam, the Test‑Taker must:
- Complete the Request to be Proctored webform.
- Arrange for delivery of the exam or proctor password to the Library.
- Contact the Library prior to the date of the exam to confirm that the exam has arrived.
On the day of the exam, the Test‑Taker must:
- Arrive on time for the exam appointment.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Follow the instructions given with the exam.
- Bring supplies needed for the exam.
- If mailing the exam, supply a stamped return envelope, if not supplied by the testing institution.