Review step-by-step instructions
Installing the app and creating an account
- Search for "hoopla" in your device's app store and install the Hoopla Digital app. You can also find links to all available apps at www.hoopladigital.com.
- Open the app and select "Don't have an account? Sign up to create your free Hoopla account with your library card."
- Select "Lake Forest Library" from the list provided or search for it.
- Enter your library card number with no spaces between the numbers.
- Then create a username (your email address) and password.
Searching for items
- There are various ways to search:
- Tap "Browse" to look for items based on their format (Audiobooks, Movies, Music, etc.).
- Tap the "Genres & Collections" button and select from a list of topics.
- Enter a keyword or title in the search bar.
- You can also filter Hoopla search results for children under 12 by activating Kids Mode:
- In the app, tap "Kids."
- On a computer, tap "Settings" and toggle Kids Mode to "On."
- Tap the cover image of the item you wish to borrow.
- Tap "Borrow" and begin streaming the item over Wi-Fi.
- If you would like to download the item to use on the go or offline, select "Download to your device."
Listening, watching, or reading items
- Find your borrowed items by tapping "My Hoopla."
- Items in Hoopla return themselves once the loan period ends.
Movies & TV · eBooks · eAudiobooks · eComics · Music
GO TO HOOPLA.
What you can do with it
Borrow and stream movies, music, eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, and TV shows.
Some special collections
- Enable Kids Mode to display only kid-appropriate content
- Hallmark movies
- Acorn TV
- The Great Courses eAudiobooks
Get started with the Hoopla app
- 7 Instant Borrows per month (total for Hoopla plus Hoopla Kids Mode)
- Borrow more from special collections using a BingePass and Bonus Borrows.
3 weeks for eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Comics
3 days for Movies and TV shows
1 week for Music
How to access
|⬤||App available, search for "hoopla" in your app store|
|⬤||Works on iOS, Android, smartphones, tablets ... just install the app|
|⬤||Works in computer browser|
|⬤||Works with Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku|
|⬤||No, does not work on Kindle eInk reader|