Updated 2/26/2021. Information changes rapidly, so please double check with the Lake County Health Department.
Confused about COVID vaccines and vaccinations? Don't know where to go or what to believe? We've gathered some resources to help.
Things to keep in mind
- The situation changes rapidly.
- Two vaccines have been approved, and one more is expected to be approved very soon.
- People are being vaccinated in phases based on CDC recommendations.
- As of the date listed above, Illinois is in Phase 1b (some people in Phase 1a are still being vaccinated).
- Vaccine supplies are limited but increasing.
Where do I start? Get registered!
If you live or work in Lake County, register on the AllVax portal.
- No computer? Call 847-377-8130, Monday–Friday 7:00 am–5:00 pm to speak with a Lake County Health Department (LCHD) volunteer.
- No email address? The Lake County Health Department has launched an online form to help. Complete the form to securely submit your information to LCHD staff. An LCHD case manager will contact you when it's time for you to schedule an appointment.
The Lake County Health Department has specialists available during limited hours to provide info to Lake County residents age 65 and older who have questions about the AllVax Portal.
Tuesdays: Noon–3:00 pm
Thursdays: 6:00–8:00 pm
Fridays: Noon–3:00 pm
To speak with an AllVax specialist during senior hours, call 847.377.8130 and select option 1.
How can you help?
- Volunteer for the Lake County Health Department Local Medical Reserve Corps. The Corps has opportunities for both medical and non-medical volunteers. Visit the LCHD website for more information and a list of volunteer job descriptions.
- Volunteer to join Vaccination Buddies at Dickinson Hall; they're looking for volunteers who can "buddy up" with a senior who needs help navigating the websites and emails and scheduling a vaccination appointment. If you're interested, you can either:
If you have a computer and email, subscribe to the Lake Forest email newsletter. Look for the newsletter sign-up link near the bottom of almost any page of the City website. It contains useful local information along with the latest COVID news.
Sign up to receive weekly updates from the Lake County Health Department here.
Can I speak with someone at the Lake County Health Department to get an appointment faster?
AllVax customer service assistants are not able to schedule or expedite appointments. However, they are able to assist with registration and answer questions about the process. Call 847.377.8130.
I am a veteran. Is the VA distributing vaccines?
Yes. Veterans who are currently receiving medical care from the VA and who are in an eligible group may be vaccinated at the Captain James Lovell Federal Health Care Center in North Chicago. Appointments are required. Learn more about vaccine eligibility through the VA.
Why is it important to continue practicing the 3Ws even after I've been vaccinated?
The CDC reports that studies are ongoing to determine if COVID-19 vaccines prevent individuals from spreading the virus. As a result, it is important to continue wearing a mask over your nose and mouth, washing your hands, and watching your distance.