Enjoy many of your favorite Lake Forest Library website features, plus brand new perks, all in a bite-sized app!
- Store a digital version of your library card to use at the circulation desks and self-checkout machines.
- Scan the ISBN barcode of books you discover at a bookstore or a friend's place and find out instantly if they're available through the Library.
- Search the catalog and request items for pick-up.
- Discover and register for upcoming events.
- Access your library account and reading history. (We can help you enable this feature.)
What devices work with the app?
The Lake Forest Library app works on iOS and Android phones and tablets.
How can I get help downloading or using the app?
For help installing or using the app, please call 847-810-4610 or schedule a one-on-one appointment with a technology expert at the Library.
How do I log into the app?
When you first launch the app, enter your library card number (or username if you have one set up) and password.
How do I find my library card number?
Your library card number is on the physical card you were issued. If you can't find it, call 847-810-4610 to receive your library card number.
How do I find my library account password/PIN?
If you have forgotten your library account password, you can use Forgot Your Password to reset it.
Can I set up a username instead of entering my library card number?
Can I use the digital library card on the new app to check out at the Library?
Yes, the digital library card can be scanned at the Library circulation desks and at the self-checkout machines.
Why does the app require access to my camera?
The Scan an ISBN feature uses your phone's camera to scan the item's barcode. If you do not want to allow camera access, you can also enter the ISBN number below the barcode.