Published on April 17, 2018
Lake Forest Library
360 E Deerpath Rd
Lake Forest IL 60045
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Meet Chef Addie Gundry at the Lake Forest Library on April 25
Lake Forest chef and cookbook author Addie Gundry will be at Lake Forest Library at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, April 25. She will prepare samples of recipes from her cookbook, No-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars and Treats, as well as discuss her culinary training, working for Martha Stewart, and competing on The Food Network.
Addie's accomplishments and contributions to the culinary world are impressive and include:
- Working for iconic names such as Daniel Boulud, Thomas Keller, and Martha Stewart.
- Authoring 10 cookbooks (with more on the way) featuring easy, elegant recipes
- Working as the culinary director for a lifestyle publishing company as well as publishing her own food blog and cookbooks.
- Winning Alton Brown's Cutthroat Kitchen in October 2015.
- Competing on the thirteenth season of The Food Network Star in 2017.
- Teaching first graders about healthy food choices with Rachel Ray's Purple Asparagus Group.
- Serving on the board of Blue Sky Bakery, a non-profit bakery and catering company that provides education and employment to at-risk youth in the Chicagoland area.
Her culinary point of view is "easy, elegant entertaining"—food and beverage that are easy to make yet elegant to serve for any entertaining occasion. Lake Forest Library looks forward to hosting her and having the community come out for a fun evening.
Liz Poppenhouse, Adult Services Librarian