CREATING A KANOPY ACCOUNT
- Go to the Library’s Kanopy page at lakeforestlibrary.kanopy.com
- Click “Sign Up.” After clicking sign up, provide your name, email address, and a new password. Then click the “Sign up” button.
- Kanopy will send you a verification email. Click the link provided in the email message. This link will take you back to the Kanopy website. Enter your library card number (located on the back of your library card). Your Kanopy account is now active and ready to go.
To access the content on Kanopy, you can:
• Visit Kanopy’s website at www.kanopy.com through your computer’s internet browser.
• Download the Kanopy app from your device’s app store. Kanopy also has apps available for ROKU, Amazon Fire Stick, and other popular streaming devices.
- Kanopy provides access to thousands of documentaries, Criterion Collection films, world cinema, Great Courses and many more. To search for a title, use the search bar at the top of the screen. You can also browse different film genres by clicking on “Browse.“
- To check out a movie, click the movie you would like to watch, then click on the Play symbol. Lake Forest Library cardholders can checkout 10 Kanopy items per month.
- You can create a “Watch List” to save movies and films for later viewing. To add a movie to a watch list, click on a movie that interests you, then click “Add to My List.”
- Films in Kanopy cannot be downloaded for offline viewing, they can only be streamed over an internet connection.