Steps for using the Kanopy app
Installing the app and creating an account
- Search for "kanopy" in your device’s app store and install the Kanopy Digital app. Kanopy also has apps available for ROKU, Amazon Fire Stick, and other popular streaming devices.
- Open the app and tap "Get Started."
- Select "Find a Library" and enter "lake forest library."
- Enter your library card number with no spaces between the numbers.
- Follow the prompts to create your username and password.
Searching for movies
- Tap the search icon and enter a title.
- You can also tap “Browse” and search different film genres.
Borrowing and watching movies
- Tap the movie you would like to watch, then tap the Play symbol. Lake Forest Library cardholders can borrow 10 Kanopy items per month. Films in Kanopy cannot be downloaded for offline viewing, they can only be streamed over an internet connection.
- You can create a "Watch List" to save movies and films for later viewing. To add a movie to a watch list, select a movie that interests you, then select "+ Watchlist."
Movies & Documentaries
GO TO KANOPY.
What you can do with it
Watch a wide range of on-demand streaming videos including selections from the Criterion Collection, foreign films, classic cinema, documentaries, and more.
10 per month (total for Kanopy plus Kanopy Kids)
How to access
|⬤||App available, search for "kanopy" in your app store|
|⬤||Works on iOS, Android, smartphones, tablets ... just install the app|
|⬤||Works in computer browser|
|⬤||Works with Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku|