Review step-by-step instructions
Installing and signing into the app
- Search for "freegal" in your device's app store and install the Freegal app.
- Open the app and enter your zipcode.
- Select "Lake Forest Library," then enter your library card number with no spaces between the numbers. Tap "Log In"
- The screen will automatically open with a list of the Top Singles. You can also tap Top Artists.
Searching for songs
- There are multiple ways to search:
- Browse the home screen of Featured Playlists, Albums, Songs, and more.
- Tap “Browse” to view “Trending,” “New Arrivals, “Genres,” and more.
- Tap “Search” to search for a specific song or artist.
Downloading and listening to songs
- Tap on a song you’d like to download, then tap the down arrow. The song will download and be added to your collection.
- To find the songs you have downloaded, tap on “My Music.” Then tap the Play icon on the song you want to listen to.
- The songs you download through Freegal are yours to keep. They will stay downloaded for you to listen to in the Freegal app.
Making a playlist
- To make a playlist, tap “My Music,” then the “Playlists” tab, then “+ Create a Playlist.” Enter a playlist name.
- Select the songs you would like to add to the playlist, then tap “Done.”
GO TO FREEGAL.
What you can do with it
Stream and download from the Sony Music catalog of more than 18 million songs from 100 countries and 200 genres. Keep your downloads forever, use AI-powered search recommendations, build your own playlists, and enjoy ad-free listening.
3 downloads per week
How to access
|⬤||App available, search for "freegal" in your app store|
|⬤||Works on iOS, Android, smartphones, tablets ... just install the app|
|⬤||Works in computer browser|